Skip to main content

Mephibosheth (2 Kgs. 4)


One day David said, "Is there any that is left of the house of Saul that I may show kindness for the sake of Jonathan?"

Ziba, the servant of Saul answered, "Jonathan has a son who is lame."The king sent for him.

When Nephibosheth, the son of Jonathan, arrived, David said, "Fear not, for I will be kind to you for the sake of your father, Jonathan. I will give you all the land of Saul and you shall eat at my table always."

Mephibosheth said, "Why should you look upon a dead dog as I am?"

The King David called Ziba and said, "I have given Mephibosheth all the land of Saul and his house. You and your sons and sevantss shall till the land and bring the fruits to him; but he shall eat at my table."

Ziba answered, "As you command, your servant shall obey."

Comments