Skip to main content

Solomon's Request (3 Kgs. 3)


When Solomon became king, he offered a sacrifice to the altar of Gabaon. The Lord appeared to Solomon in a dream by night and said, "Ask what you will and I will give it to you."

Solomon said, "O Lord God, give to your servant an understanding heart to judge your people, and discern betweenn good and evil." The answer was pleasing to the Lord.

So the Lord said, "Because you have asked this thing and have not asked for yourself long life or riches, nor the lives of your enemies, but have asked for yourself wisdom and discernment, behold I give you what you asked, a wise and understanding heart. Yes, the things that you did not ask I give them also to you, to wit: riches and glory. And if you will walk in my ways and keep my commandments, I will make you live long."

When Solomon awakened heperceived that it was a dream. He went to Jerusalem, stood before the Ark of the Covenant of the Lord, and offeredsacrifices and gave a great feast for all his servants.

Comments